THE FOLLOWING BATTERY QUESTION MUST BE ANSWERED FOR ALL PRODUCTS DURING CREATION OR CONVERSION OF AN FBA LISTING. NOTE THAT BASED ON YOUR ANSWERS, YOU MAY NEED TO ANSWER ADDITIONAL MANDATORY QUESTIONS (DETAILED BELOW):
- Select Batteries only if the product is a standalone battery (for example, replacement laptop battery) or if the battery is sold with items that it does not power (for example, spare cell phone battery sold with a charger). External battery chargers (for example, power banks) are considered batteries.
- Select Packed with if the battery is packed with, but not inside, the device it powers. For example, a cell phone with the removable battery-packed alongside the phone.
- Select Contained in if the battery is pre-installed or assembled in the item (for example, Kindle tablet).
- Select Sold separately if the battery is not included in the product’s package.
If your battery product utilizes lithium batteries, then it is a dangerous good and you will be required to provide the following additional information:
- Battery type: Select the type of battery from the drop-down menu (for example, AAA, CR123A, etc.). This information is generally printed on the battery itself or on its packaging. If you do not know the type of battery your product is using, select “Unknown”.
- The number of batteries: Input the total number of batteries, including spares.
- Battery weight: Input the total weight of all batteries included in grams. This is the weight of the standalone battery or batteries weighed outside the packaging or any device it may be used in.
- The number of cells: Input the total number of cells, including spares.
- Lithium battery packaging: Select the correct packaging configuration from the drop-down menu describing how the battery is packaged in relation to the device (for example, batteries contained in equipment).
- Watt-hours per battery: If your product is, contains, or is sold with a lithium-ion battery, input the watt-hour (Wh) rating per battery. This information is generally printed on the battery itself, on its packaging, or in the manufacturers’ technical documentation.
- Lithium content per battery: If your product is, contains, or is sold with a lithium-metal battery, input the lithium content of your battery, in grams. This information can generally be found in the manufacturer’s technical information.