Many suppliers will ask you for trade references. That means, they want to know about the existing suppliers you are working with.
So you can name some of your existing suppliers if you have already.
If you are a new seller and a potential brand or supplier is asking and since you don’t have any trade reference, what can you do?
Here are some tips…
- Get a free account with InventorySource.com
- It allows you to access its suppliers’ directory with a free account.
- There are some good suppliers they have like DandH Distributing, Petra, etc
- These suppliers are Amazon resellers friendly and allow you to open accounts with them easily.
- These suppliers have some big brands with them like Sony, Phillips, etc.
- You may not be able to find those big brands products from them which are profitable but it’s worth giving it a try.
- Rest, once you have an account with them, you can name them as trade reference for your direct brands and suppliers.
- You can also list the top big brand names in your trade references when your supplier or brand asks for it!
Hope it helps…